Sweet corn, tomatoes, basil — flavors that scream of summer — and bacon, of course, because EVERYTHING tastes better with bacon!
- 6 slices bacon , chopped
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, kernels cut from the cob. Note: The freshest corn — field to kitchen — needs nothing to be perfect. But, if your corn isn’t killer sweet, I highly recommend wrapping it in foil, and letting it char a bit on the barbecue for great flavor.
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive or corn oil
- 3 tablespoons of a really good red wine vinegar — I love Kimberly brand.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- a pinch of Aleppo pepper — can’t recommend this enough! DELICIOUS flavor! Check out Savory Spice stores — they ship super fast — and their spices are fresh, fresh, fresh!
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Extra add-ins: Cubes of avocado, slivers of red onion, small sprinkles of feta, squeeze of lime juice
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the chopped bacon. Cook until the bacon is crisped and the fat is rendered, turning occasionally.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- In a large bowl, toss the corn kernels with the bacon, arugula, cherry tomatoes, and basil. Drizzle with the canola oil and red wine vinegar and season with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat and serve at room temperature or chilled.