Decadent! All my favorite summer foods. A handful of ingredients and just a few simple steps are all it takes to make this 30-minute creamy chicken and corn one pan meal. The result? A total crowd-pleaser.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed from cob
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to your taste– I prefer Aleppo pepper
- 3/4 cup dry white wine that you like to drink. I often use a rose’.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, canned full fat coconut milk, or whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or Asiago cheese
- fresh basil
1. Rub the chicken all over with 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour evenly over the chicken and toss to coat, adding more flour if needed to cover the chicken.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain onto paper towels.
3. Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan.
4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the butter, corn, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook another 5 minutes or until the corn is golden.
5. Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the wine and 1/2 cup water. Add the chicken back to the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer (the sauce should be bubbling all around0 the chicken for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan, cook another few minutes until warmed through. Remove from the heat and top with bacon.
Serve the chicken topped with fresh thyme and basil.