Shrimp, cucumber, and jasmine rice combine to make my favorite snack, lunch, dinner wrap. Super easy to make — just need a little planning to cook and cool the jasmine rice and steam the shrimp. Try it. You’ll LOVE it!
- 2 limes
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, shelled, peeled, and deveined
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. canola oil
- 2 t. sriracha sauce
- 2 t. toasted sesame oil
- 1 t. packed brown sugar
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 12 leaves Bibb lettuce
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, cilantro, and/or mint leaves
- 1 fresh Thai, Fresno, or jalapeño pepper, stemmed, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- I also often add diced avocado and slivered carrots–both optional
- Thai sweet chili sauce
Zest one of the limes. Sprinkle the zest, salt and pepper over the shrimp. Steam in a steamer basket until the shrimp turn opaque, 4 to 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, juice the 2 limes into a large bowl. Add the soy sauce, canola oil, sriracha sauce, sesame oil, and brown sugar and whisk to combine. Add the shrimp and cucumbers slices to the dressing, and toss to coat.
Divide the lettuce leaves among plates, and top each with the rice, the shrimp mixture, herbs and pepper slices. Sprinkle with a few finely chopped peanuts. Serve with small dipping bowls filled with Thai sweet chili sauce.